Thursday, December 10, 2009

Well earned break





I just have to put a couple final touches on a few things tomorrow morning then I'm gonna forget about the bait pouring & painting thing, at least for the rest of the day. There's a hundred things I should do in the shop but they might just have to wait too. One thing that is on my list is to put together my new rod and reel, like I needed another one of those !! I did..... really, here's why. Most folks that know me and fishes with me knows I'm a guy who fishes mostly small to medium sized baits, never really got into the big bait thing, never really needed to, ..... or so I thought. This year I experimented with a lot with the bigger baits, not the really big stuff but bigger, things like mag dawgs, double 8's & double 10 bucktails, the tail on my hellhound gliders make them 11" , 10" topwater gliders and such. Now I am finding out that I like them as much or more than the smaller baits. I'm pretty hard headed so it took some time for me to catch up with the rest of the musky world, but I'm getting there, slowly. Anyway all these bigger baits are a little much to be throwing on the rods I had been using, not that my gear is light but it has gotten to the point where my medium heavy and heavy action St.Croix rods were being out gunned by these bigger baits. A couple weeks ago I ordered a 8'6" X-heavy St. Croix and when it came in I realized that when one gets a new rod he needs a new reel too, so I got lucky and won a new Revo Toro off of Ebay. I'm gonna spool it up and get it on the rod, so I can sit inside and look out the window at the snow, wind and freezing temps and day dream about how great this new outfit will be, if I could only get out and use it.
For those of you who visited my blog wanting to see some bait pics or at least some fish pics, not some guy rambling on about a new toy he just got here's a few pics of some fish my partner and I got this summer on our annual Canada trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment