Saturday, December 19, 2015

Coyote Crossing

Awhile back I posted some images of a deer that was swimming across the creek. In that post I talked about some of the other things I've seen swimming the creek.   A few days ago I added another species to the list of creek swimmers....a coyote.   This must have been a old male judging by of the size of this thing.   Even as big as it was, it was extremely quiet......I never heard any sound as he entered the water some 50 yards or so behind me, I just happened to turn around and see it swimming.   It was able to swim so fast that by the time I got my camera picked up, turned on and focused on him he had nearly crossed the creek....you can see the wake he is making as he swims across.   After 4 quick photos he was out of the water and gone




No comments:

Post a Comment