Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall is Big Bait Time !!!

Fall is upon us !! The nights are getting cooler, the leaves are starting to change colors and as the water cools the muskies appetite grows they begin to move shallower and become more active. This is the time of year that big baits really shine. With that in mind and an upcoming musky trip I took the time to paint a couple Magnum Super D's for myself. The top one I done in a Miller Perch pattern, a color made famous by the Bucher Tackle Company, which I have had some success with in the past on other lures types so I wanted to try it out on a Mag. D .
The second bait is also a Magnum Super D only this one I painted in a spotted sucker flavor after learning that the lake I'm going to has a pretty strong population of this type of sucker. I also added a teaser blade to this one, which is something I do to a lot of my swimbaits. I don't know if it helps attract the fish or not but I do like the feel it gives the baits when I'm using them.
Hopefully after this trip I can post a few photos of fish and maybe some pics of these baits all chewed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment