Friday, November 13, 2015

Nature At Its Finest

A couple images that I took of a bald eagle as it set high up in a sycamore tree while I fished along the bank towards it. 
It didn't let me get to close before took off and it flew a mile or so upriver and landed in another tall tree overlooking the water.
 



 
 
A couple days earlier while I was fishing  in one of the creeks,  I heard a loud crashing of leaves and brush followed by a big splash.
Turning to see what was making the noise I found this little buck swimming across the creek.
The creek here is probably 150 feet wide or so but this deer swam shore to shore in less than a minute.
Reaching the opposite bank he paused to shake off then made a couple quick jumps and was gone into the brush.
All became quiet again.
 


 

Over the years I've seen lots of things swimming in the waters of the creeks, in the lakes and even the mighty river.
In addition to your normal water creatures such as beavers, muskrats and otters, I've seen countless deer, squirrels, coons, dogs, foxes, a few mink and even once a bobcat.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment