Friday, September 12, 2014

Bonus Fish

I spent a couple hours on the creek this week checking to see if the local muskies would cooperate.
As usual they we not in the mood for play but I did catch this decent bass.
A little while later I hooked another one about the same size but right next to the boat it jumped and shook the hook free.
While catching a nice bass is not normally a big thing..... but this creek is not known for big bass.....also for the last few weeks you could bass fish this creek for half a day and maybe get two bites and those would be from 10"ers so catching a fish this size from here is fairly rare.......let along hooking two the same day.

This fish was a little over 20" and was pretty fat.
As you can see she got that size by eating big meals.......however that Grandma crankbait was a little more of a mouthful than she thought.
She made the mistake of biting off more than she could chew.
You can tell by the way she's hooked, with the tail hook outside her mouth, that she hit the crankbait sideways....and it was one of the hardest bites I've have in a long, long time.
I'm sure I enjoyed the encounter a whole lot more than she did.
As soon as these photos were taken I removed the hooks and she swam away strong.





No comments:

Post a Comment