Saturday, January 30, 2010

Adding to My Collection

With January about gone, the spring rattle bait bite will be starting very soon here in Kentucky so I am adding this custom Rattletrap to my arsenal. I won this 1-1/2 ounce super trap on eBay this week and I gave it some new paint, a tinsel tail and upgraded the hooks.



I also completed a couple topwater baits from the popular blanks I got last week.
First is a ripper type bait. The body is 8" in length and it weighs 3 ounces. It features .092 stainless steel screw eyes, two pair of counter rotating stainless chopper style props, 2oo lb. test triple ring split rings and 3 Mustad 2/0 round bend hooks. The blank was sealed with a coat of epoxy, then painted in the Dr.Carp color with 3 color 3-D eyes then 2 coats of epoxy top coat.















The second is a surface wobbler. It's body measures 7-1/2" and weighs 3.9 ounces. It was built the same way as the ripper except I used a double eye to eye connection as a hinge joint between the two body sections, a # 8 Colorado blade as the lip, counter rotating propeller blades and Mustad 7/0 hooks. I'm a little unsure how well this one will work until I get a chance to test it.

It was a very nice change for me to be able to work with some wood. It had been a long time since I had made anything from wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment