Friday, January 15, 2010

A Couple Old Favorites Revamped

Here's a couple baits that a friend brought by that needed a face lift. One is a Bucher shallow raider and the other is a handmade glider, maker is unknown to me. The both received the sucker treatment but as you can see are very different color wise.
The Shallow Raider started out as a night shiner color and now is a brown barred sucker.
The glider is probably close to 20 years old and was so rough with most of the epoxy coating missing along with a lot of the original paint I could not really tell what color it originally was. I chose to painted it in my Super Sucker color pattern. I have grown to really like this new color due to the way it changes colors with the viewing angle. It goes from brown to green and also the black bars show from one angle and the gold scales show from another. This is due to the multiple layers of iridescent paint. The camera does not really pick up all the color changes in this pattern. You really notice the changing effect when you turn it around in your hand.
They both turned out pretty good, I think, hopefully my friend will be pleased with the result.



1 comment:

  1. Hola Jeff is it a wooden bait that gilder ?
    Is it a dancing shad M&E ?

    ReplyDelete