Saturday, June 5, 2010

Major Changes !!

After hearing of the destruction resulting from the flash floods we had here a few weeks ago I decided to check out the creek that is close to my house. Entire stretches of the shoreline were washed either into the creek or totally swept away. There were dozens of trees that used to stand along the banks now laying in the water, many were across the creek. At one point I had to weave from one side of the creek to the other and back with the boat rubbing brush on both sides just to get through.
Here's but a few photos of the many trees that went from bird houses to fish houses in a matter of a few hours.
I always look forward each spring to get the boat in the creek to see the changes the high water has made over the winter but after fishing this creek for over 25 years I've never seen this much damage in such a short time. Just a small sample of the power of nature.








No comments:

Post a Comment