Friday, January 7, 2011

New Model......Version 2

After very limited testing of my newest soft plastic jerk bait design it became obvious very quick that there was a design flaw in both the body and the internal harness. While the bait worked decent I felt that with some modifications it would have better action in addition to being less prone to tangling while casting it. After a considerable amount time brainstorming I made some design changes to correct those issues. Here's a few photos of the 2nd generation body style.
This design would be what I would call a Hollow Belly Jerkbait. The body of this bait is hollow much like a tube. With the popularity and the effectiveness of Hollow Belly Swimbaits over the last few years I felt this would be a natural progression of hollow lure styles. I have seen several designs of jerkbaits that use tubes as the body with a add on tail section but this is the first that I've seen that the body and tail are one piece.
Now all I need is some time to test this newest design to determine if I've helped it or if I need to go back to the drawing board and start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment