Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting Started

Hello,
Welcome to my blog.
In my blog I'll try give you a little insight into my passion for creating, modifying and using , especially using, all forms of fishing lures.
First a little about me. My name is Jeff Boggs and I live in northeastern Kentucky. I have been a fishing enthusiast most all my life. Having fished for most everything in fresh water, at least everything in my local area, through the years but for the last several years most of my fishing time is spent chasing Muskies, with a few trips thrown in pursuing crappies, bass, hybrid stripers, catfish and sauger. Most of my musky time is spent in a few local streams and the lake that I consider my home lake, which is Cave Run lake, in Morehead Ky.
When I'm not fishing I'm usually working on some type of lure. I tinker with many commercial baits, changing this or that to them trying to make them better or better suited to a situation I've encountered, one that maybe they were not designed for. In the last few years I have been mostly working on my own designs of soft plastic musky baits. I not only designed most of my own baits but I make the molds that the plastic is molded in, all the molds for the internal weighting, I do all the pouring and all my own painting on both hard and soft plastic.
As I get farther along into this new adventure,hopefully some of you that are reading this might find a helpful tip or two that could help you somewhere down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment