Friday, December 18, 2009

Old Dawg.....New Tricks

Today I was pouring some swimbait bodies and during the down time of waiting for the plastisol to cool enough to de-mold them I got to nosing around in the boat and found this old Mag Dawg. It was pretty tired looking with it's torn fins, missing dorsal fin and some cuts at the base of its tail not to mention all the scrapes, scratches and hook pointers.....just a really sad looking thing. This pic was taken after I cleaned it up and got it ready to paint.
So I took it into the shop cleaned him up, melted the fins back on, the ones that were still there and started shooting some paint at it. A little while later this is what I ended up with, not the best of my work but good enough to get this old dawg back into the fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment