Thursday, December 17, 2009

Some for me

While I was pouring some swim bait frames today and the lead was hot I poured me 3 spinner bait frames. These will match up with some of the blades and flashabou I received yesterday. These will be large single spins when finished. The pic really doesn't show the true size of these. I should have put something in the photo for a size comparison because these are pretty big. They are a 1-1/2 oz heads with .051" wire and a massive 8/0 Mustad ultra point hook. After painting and a couple coats of epoxy I'll tie on some flashabou and maybe mix some silicone skirting in it and finish them off with a Mag 8 blade on a ball bearing swivel, add a hand poured trailer and a 7/0 trailer hook and they'll be ready to go in to the box. With the relatively light wire, heavy head and large blade these will be real thumpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment